2013 Battle With Fibroids

17 Comments

1. I’m having a hysterectomy on Aug 19 due to fibroids. I came across this blog after searching for tips after surgery. I laughed, I cried, I felt relieved to have found this. I’m crossing my fingers that my recovery is as easy as yours seemed to be. Thank you for the blog.

1. Pam, I’m happy you found some comfort in my little virtual breadcrumb trail. Best of luck with your surgery and your recovery!

1. Thanks for sharing your story. Your blog and tweets made me laugh – problematic when you don’t want to breathe into a stitched up abdomen. Appreciate your openness and positivity about recovery.
        BTW I found this when googling retrospectively whether I can pick up my cat after myomectomy. Turns out the answer is no, but your humour and journey successfully distracted me from my guilt 🙂 hope you’re doing well in 2021

2. Hi! On January 12th I had a TLH, kept both ovaries. Your blog made me laugh & I felt like someone else understood the floodgates of blood & painthat I too was experiencing! THANK YOU for making me feel like I’m not alone!

Hope you are doing awesome!

3. I had a lap hysterectomy procedure almost a year ago, and I did read your blogposts beforehand. Thanks for writing them.

4. I just came across your post. I can’t even begin to tell you how grateful i am you blogged your journey. A little bit about myself. I was diagnosed with fibroids and I am 43. I could totally relate to your being tired, mood swings, and the opening of the floodgate. As that’s exactly what I experience right now. After bleeding for eight weeks straight, two internal ultrasounds my gp finally decided to refer me to a women’s clinic. Finally!
    Women’s clinic want to put me on meds and insert an iud, which honestly is not what I want. I’m 43 and just want my insides yanked out already. Honestly tired of being tired, being in pain, and not being able to venture far from home.
    I can totally relate to your story. I wish more women would speak about fibroids and the toll it actually takes on your day to day life.
    Thank you so very much!

1. Tammy, welcome and glad you found me. I’m sorry for what you’re going through. I hope you convince them to give you some relief!

5. I am 55 and had a full
    Laparoscopic hysterectomy a week ago. I was tired of having long periods and fibroid pains, i also hd some endometriosis again, so instead of trying other options i chose to take it all and be done with it already. The pain was not any worse than some periods ive had lately, only the pain lasted a few more days and at the most got to a 4 out of 10 on the pin scale. Although, i have listened to the doctor and my nurse/husband and obeyed the orders with rest, meds and some light walking.
    I have been pleasantly
    surprised how good i feel.
    Today we as my first venture out, went to the store and had pizza ? when i got home i was more achey than the entire week, but i did not have any pain meds today just 1 800mg ibuprohin, so tonight i took the pain med, added a heat pad and am on my way to lala land. Tomorrow is my 1 week follow up so hopefully all goes well.
    I am accustomed to the hot flashes so i had started w estrogen over a year ago hopefully that will be enough and eventually less.
    So far so good!
    Anyone contimplating , i would say do not worry about the pain because it is nothing like what they did to women years ago, so weigh your helth options and gonfrom there.
    Good luck
    Blaze

6. I am so thankful to have found this. I have fibroids and I am going to have a hysterectomy soon. Your posts really helped me feel calmer about the whole process. Thank you.

7. Enjoyed reading your posts. I had a Laparoscopic Hysterectomy to include ovaries and cervix almost 3 weeks ago. I did not take any narcotics and only took Motrin 3 times since I’ve been home. I had a one night stay and other than gas pains and some mild incision pain, have been healing well. Seems like everything I read prior to surgery was scary so it’s been wonderful to see how positive things were for your healing. I went back to work yesterday and am working hard not to lift more than 10 lbs. Using my fit bit to track steps so I don’t walk around too much but also gradually add steps weekly as well. Can’t wait to go back to the gym. A little plus has been losing 4 lbs since the surgery! I’m officially in menopause now and can’t take estrogen but so far not so bad.

1. Glad to hear your progress! I am having everything removed the same way in two days and needless to say, I’m extremely nervous. Your outcome and words are inspiring to me and I pray I have the same luck! Hope you are still feeling well!!

8. I want to thank you also for your blog. I’ve referred to it multiple times before even scheduling my hysterectomy by lap. I had it done on July 12th and probably am on the same schedule to healing as you were. It’s so helpful to have your blog to refer to. Thanks again!

9. Kronda I am reading your 6 yr old posts on your Fibroid story and I must tell you they mean very much to me. Our stories are almost identical (my IUD was almost expelled but not totally) but I’ve just admitted to myself that a hysterectomy is in my future. I’m terrified but I so wish I’d read your posts before the IUD, before the failed ablation, before the myomectomy (although without it I don’t think a laparoscopic hysterectomy might even be possible). I could relate to every word you wrote. (My disaster was narrowly avoided and would’ve been not in a rent car but in a courtroom all over the witness stand front of a judge).
    Thank you and hope it is all still going well for you.

10. I don’t know if you even still monitor this blog but I still want to thank you so much for documenting and sharing this journey. I am scheduled for surgery soon and wanted to understand what it feels like after. (I’ve also done the multiple fibroid removal surgeries and scheduled trips around accessibility to bathrooms… This blog was just so relate-able).

11. Hi Kronda.

Thank you for your blog. I have been struggling with fibroids to the point where my bleeding has caused me to have to go for weekly iron infusions. I’ve had the myomectomy & a failed abrasion only to have my fibroids grow to the point of causing my uterus to resemble that of a 4 month pregnant uterus. It’s exhausting, and so I’ve come to the conclusion that the health benefits outweigh the potential risks. Thanks for sharing and being so open and honest about your journey. As you can see, it’s helping almost 7 years later!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *